Lead and manage all financial accounting operations and analysis reporting activities for the Country. Establish solid business partnerships with the Country manager and the Boca Corporate Accounting teams as well as all areas of the organization to provide analytical, strategic, and operational support. Manage country risks by ensuring that all Company internal policies and controls, country laws and tax regulations are followed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Must collaborate with the different areas of the business to provide strategic, analytical support while managing towards the overall vision and goals of the business.
• Active involvement in enterprise initiatives, including M&A transactions and other projects to drive shareholder value.
• Lead the daily operations of the accounting team and coach team members for growth.
• Deep accounting, tax, and reporting technical expertise from both recurring and nonrecurring activities for USGAAP and IFRS.
• Full oversight of the balance sheet, P&L, and audit compliance in coordination with the corporate headquarters International accounting department.
• Responsible for analyzing financial statements, review and notation, SG&A cost trend analysis, and variance explanation reporting.
• Monitor the market for new guidance and contribute to the implementation of any changes as applicable.
• Manage relationships with customers to maintain accurate customer records, obtain timely customer remittance details, and accurate collection and payment application.
• Tenant lease billings validation, alignment & financial sign-off including coordination with corporate headquarters shared services department with a goal to minimize back-billing.
• Ground lease review, reconciliation & sign-off including coordination with corporate headquarters accounts payable-shared services department.
• Work with corporate headquarters tax department as necessary to provide required information and ensure timely compliance with country filings.
• Complete month-end, quarterly and annual close according to the calendar established by SBA headquarters.
• Prepare timely monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy.
• Oversee the work performed by accounting staff.
• Monthly and quarterly financial reporting, actual versus forecast, and budget preparation and reviews.
• Responsible for Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly forecast submission, full P&L operating, capital, and SG&A with supporting assumptions.
• Overall management of New Build Process, Inventory (if applicable), and Regional Site Maintenance (RSM) project accounting.
• Responsible for purchase orders, (including approval documentation) invoice coding, and processing according to authority matrix.
• Provide support to the corporate office with Treasury activities.
• Site profitability analysis & business support.
• Financial ad hoc requests.
• Comply with the company’s defined HSE procedures and regulations.
• Coordinate and communicate with external accounting firms and auditors on technical matters and recurring matters to ensure efficient audit and reporting timelines.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ a talented and diverse group of high performing team members.
• Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing new team member onboarding and providing career development planning and growth opportunities.
• Empower team members to take ownership of their job and goals. Delegate responsibilities as needed and provide routine constructive feedback on performance.
• Create a culture that is consistent with the organization’s focus on team member engagement and that aligns with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
• Lead team members using a performance management and development focused approach to assist in goal setting, two-way feedback, and performance development planning.
• Lead team members to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
What You’ll Need – Qualifications & Requirements
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study required;
- and 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably with a public company.
- 3-5 years’ Experience in management of people and/or processes with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of managerial duties in staffing, training and development, performance management, and employee relations.
- Real Estate/ Property Management or construction accounting experience preferred. Ability to understand and interpret lease contracts.
- Experience with Great Plains, Job Costing and Hyperion Financial Management or comparable software preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- International Travel ability to travel internationally as necessary.
- Valid Government Issued Driver’s License
- Valid Government Issued Passport
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Liderar y administrar todas las operaciones de contabilidad financiera y las actividades de informes de análisis para el País. Establecer alianzas comerciales sólidas con el Gerente de País y el equipo de Contabilidad Corporativa de la Casa Matriz, así como con todas las áreas de la organización para brindar soporte analítico, estratégico y operativo. Gestionar los riesgos del país asegurándose de que se sigan todas las políticas y controles internos de la empresa, las leyes del país y las reglamentaciones fiscales.
Obligaciones y responsabilidades esenciales
• Debe colaborar con las diferentes áreas del negocio para brindar apoyo estratégico y analítico mientras se gestiona hacia la visión general y los objetivos del negocio.
• Participación activa en iniciativas empresariales, incluidas transacciones de fusiones y adquisiciones y otros proyectos para generar valor para los accionistas.
• Dirigir las operaciones diarias del equipo de contabilidad y entrenar a los miembros del equipo para el crecimiento.
• Profunda experiencia técnica en contabilidad, impuestos e informes de actividades recurrentes y no recurrentes para USGAAP e IFRS.
• Supervisión total del balance, P&L y cumplimiento de auditorías en coordinación con el departamento de contabilidad internacional de la casa matriz.
• Responsable del análisis de estados financieros, revisión y anotación, análisis de tendencias de costos SG&A e informes de expli